Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 33: hot and smelly

Hot and smelly are two words to describe both me and Kansas. I woke up at 3:00 this morning and thought about riding but I decided I was too tired. I still got out early and enjoyed watching the sun rise over central KS.







The morning is definitely the best time to ride. I rode through the Quivira National Wildlife Refuge where I learned about birds, Coronado's search for the golden city, and all the different grasses of the prairie.







I ran into a bunch of other bikers when I stopped at the Nickerson Kwik Stop. 2 couples on tandems, a couple headed east, and a brother and sister out for a 40+ mile loop.

With 30 miles left in my day, I am taking a break from the heat and drinking some water.

- Jeremy Tagliaferre; hiker, biker, and general life liker.

No comments:

Post a Comment