Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 31: milestones


YouTube Video

Although there were no actual stones marking my mileage and very few signs defining borders, I hit a few figurative milestones today. The first was four miles into the day I passed 2000 miles for the whole trip. After an enjoyable morning ride, catching up with Englishmen and fellow biker Rolf at a gas station, and watching some locals recapture escaped chickens, I made it to Kansas. Then I entered the central time zone!

The riding was great but the highlights were the people today, including a guy in Leoti KS who bought me some snacks at the gas station and gave me a slice of pizza. He also told me about the county fair going on in town. I hope there is a spirit of the fair award so that he can win it. People like him really charge me up and keep me riding happy. Thanks man!

Here is some proof that sometimes the grass is greener on the other side:




No comments:

Post a Comment