Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 22: hungry hungry hips

Folks when I woke up today, my legs said, " J-Tags! We are hungry!". So I walked up to the hotel lobby and ate some Big Texas cinnamon rolls. But that did not satiate them. They were hungry for the open road. To describe the part of Wyoming I rode through today in one word, I would say flat. Don't get me wrong, I had a few climbs, but for the most part I could see three to four miles ahead of me on the straight roads of this state full of straight shooters. So I pushed it a little today and tried to feed to ol' pedal turners.

Here is me being happy after lunch:


In Muddy Gap WY, people write their names on the ceiling and walls in the only store/building in town:


I could see these mountains for hours while I biked straight towards them:


And now I am camping at a campground:




Stats and highlights
Lander WY to Rawlins WY
Miles: 124
Continental Divide crossings: 2
Sunburns: a touch on my right arm
Spokes broken: 0
Highlights:

Stumbling upon 7 dollar all you can eat taco day in Jeffry City

Catching a few tail winds

Getting to just ride all day long

Here is Gladiator taking a break:


- Jeremy Tagliaferre; hiker, biker, and general life liker.

No comments:

Post a Comment