Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 30: the plains

Well the Coloradudes from the Great Divide bike shop relaced my back wheel and had me all fixed up by the early afternoon. I had spent the morning getting my things back together and rewatching John Carter where I found even more plot holes. If John Carter is just a copy of himself, how does the medallion get transported to Mars, or why is it not with his old body on earth???

The plains are indeed flat and I made good time. I thought about staying in Sugar City, but after further thought I decided to ride on into the night.

YouTube Video

The hour long night ride was kinda fun and the park at Haswell had, well... everything I needed: water, restroom, pavilion. So I did not set up my tent and slept under the stars. I figured if it started to rain or irrigate on me, I could move into the pavilion. No sprinkles last night (man made or otherwise).

Here is the sun setting over eastern CO.



Stats and highlights:
Pueblo CO to Haswell CO
Miles: 90
Wind: N force 3
Lowlight: trying to ask a lady where I could get water and having her straight up ignore me
Highlight: sunset, stars, feeling like I was back on a boat in a sea of farmland


- Jeremy Tagliaferre; hiker, biker, and general life liker.

No comments:

Post a Comment