Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 18: Yellowstone

Sorry folks I thought this got published to the web but it did not. I had no wifi through the park. Evidently that is not a top priority of the NPS. I had a huge day.

First I got a new tire and put it on:


Got a resupply in West Yellowstone and fueled up at the gas station. Had a nice chat with a couple, Mike and Angela (not pictured)

Went into the park:




Then Wyoming. Wyoming?? Well why the heck not!?


Then, after i cooked lunch for myself in Madison, I hit the hot spots of Yellowstone










Then I climbed over the continental divide... Twice! (sorry for the false alarm on day previously, I didn't know I would be crossing it so many times)







Stats and highlights
Miles : 74
Favorite attraction: Grand Prismatic. Google it for some sweet areal pics
Miles in rain: 20
Lowlight: as I was walking on one of the board walks a little girl grabbed my hand and started walking with me. I looked down and saw that she was not looking at me. I said " I don't think you know me." She looked up and ran away yelling "Pappa!" I think she thought my hand was her dad's who had stopped to take a picture, when she looked up and saw my grizzled self I can only imagine her horror.

Highlight: arriving at old faithful with perfect timing and watching it go off while I ate a pint of huckleberry ice cream

- Jeremy Tagliaferre; hiker, biker, and general life liker.

No comments:

Post a Comment