Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 55: going rogue

I woke up nice and early this morning. I had slept on the fluffy carpet in one of the classrooms and did not want the kids to be traumatized by coming to Sunday school and seeing a strange man sleeping on the classroom floor. Because of my early start, I was riding by another Methodist Church at just the right moment. They had a sign out stating that the third Sunday of every month was a men's breakfast. As I was parking my bike, a guy came out and I asked him about it. He invites me in and I was treated to the most epic southern. breakfast ever. They even has shrimp and grits! So good.

YouTube Video


A little after breakfast, two guys in their early twenties biked up to me and we rode together for the next twenty or so miles. I stopped to check out the Jamestown Settlement as they continued onto the ferry across the James River.

Now I am at Chippokes State park. I bought some firewood, hot dogs and buns so I can have a proper camp out tonight to celebrate my trip coming to a close. I am a little sad to be done, but say more excited to see loved ones.

Here is me in front of the door to unlimited Shrimp and Grits:


- Jeremy Tagliaferre; hiker, biker, and general life liker.

2 comments:

  1. You look very happy! I've really enjoyed reading your blogs. I think the fact that you put the videos in them made the trip come alive.

    How cool is that to have that awesome breakfast at the church....good thinking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was a great day. Thanks for following the blog and I promise you a post about all my gear.

    ReplyDelete