Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 36: I don't think we're in Kansas any more

I say day 35 in the video but it is indeed day 36. Believe it or not, they all kinda run together:

YouTube Video

I am very excited to be out of Kansas (No offense to any Kansanites, you guys were all great. I just got tired of the relentless sun and continuous pedaling). The flat parts were indeed flat, but that does not mean easy. The flatness of KS means that I had to pedal every mile. Instead of getting a break after a hill, I had to work for every inch. And sometimes that inch had wind blowing in my face. Those hard sections don't show up on an elevation profile and can really catch you off guard. A few miles past the border I ran into three dudes headed west. They couldn't have been more excited to get into the state I had just fled. I have already enjoyed some of Missouri's famous roller coaster ups and downs. They are the same bumps the three amigos are happy to be rid of. I guess we will have to wait and see if I still find them fun after they get bigger and steeper in the Ozarks.

Here are the glorious clouds of Missouri keeping temps cool in the high 90s:


- Jeremy Tagliaferre; hiker, biker, and general life liker.

No comments:

Post a Comment