Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 46: stats and highlights

My Old Kentucky Home State Park to Berea, KY
Miles: 90
Weather: very cloudy morning, clear skies by late afternoon, temps in the 80s
Dogs: 5 (no problems though)
Hours of the Berea Post Office: open till 4:30
Arrival time in Berea: 4:10
Plates of Chinese food I ate at the China Chef in downtown Berea: 3 (plus a bowl of ice cream)
Favorite celebratory catch phrase from the Kentuckites playing horse shoes at the campground I am staying at: That dog will hunt!
Highlights:

Stopping at the Lincoln homestead. Lowlight, not having the facial hair to pull off a convincing Lincoln.



Watermelon as a morning snack



Busting my tail to make it to the PO on time and achieving that goal.



- Jeremy Tagliaferre; hiker, biker, and general life liker.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still amazed that you are biking across the country with just one bag! You have to share your secrets about that.

    ReplyDelete