Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 36: stats and highlights

Erie KS to Ash Grove MO
Miles: 108
Hills: about a dozen wonderful hills
Bugs committing suicide by flying into my wheel: 2
KS towns that also exist in Western PA: Erie, Pittsburgh
Dogs that chased me: 4 ( There was one group of three that saw me coming. I slowed down as to not entice them. They kept following me and viciously barking. Once I had about 5 feet on them, I turned on the jets. I left them in the dust)
Focus of today's Spanish lesson: possessive pronouns

Highlights:
Meeting Earl in Girard KS who showed me around his land when I rode by. He had built a covered bridge over his creek, as well as a tree house and merry-go-round.









The clouds that covered the sky all day long!

Reading comments from you guys. It can be a lonely road out here and it really lifts my spirits when I read things that you guys post or email.

Referring to myself as "the one bag rider" in my head all day long.

Taking a shower here at the city park after a delicious Chinese take-out meal.

Here is a field in Missouri:


- Jeremy Tagliaferre; hiker, biker, and general life liker.

No comments:

Post a Comment