Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day 3: 24 hours in portland

I arrived in Portland about this time yesterday, and here I sit, waiting for my bus back to Eugene where I will continue my adventure. My stomach is filled with aardvark sauce (a hot sauce from around here) and Thai food (from a food cart downtown). But my heart is bursting at the seams. What a special treat it was to spend one more day with Samara and her peeps. I even got to meet some of her hometown friends last night at trivia.



Some artwork on the streets of PDX. This one is called "the tripod inverted egg beater."


This picture turned out a little dark, but it's called "a pile of kid bikes with a golden bike at the top on a pole."



Here is Samara dropping me off at the bus station. :(

Day 3 stats and highlights:
Miles biked: 0
Blocks walked: over 20
Tears shed: a few
Highlight: watching a van drive by decorated with gold painted animal carvings, a back windshield wiper shaped like a hand so it could wave at you, and a dancing monkey puppet being manipulated by the driver

- Jeremy Tagliaferre; hiker, biker, and general life liker.

No comments:

Post a Comment